AMERICAN BULLDOGS MESSAGE BOARD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» didnt i tell her...i know youre reading this..
HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:41 pm by SusanG

» had fun at the show this weekend...
HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:48 pm by SusanG

» picture peds
HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 pm by poppabill

» Vader at Discovery Green...
HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 am by GIL

» hello guys all is good thanks to all
HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:10 am by SusanG

» Phat Girl...
HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:32 pm by GIL

» Hey J, you ok...
HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:25 pm by SusanG

» took mojo for a walk in the city...
HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 pm by GIL

» My prayers to all on this storm
HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 pm by JSAN_911

» I'm proud of my boy... Ch Mojo Jojo IDWP2 IDTT
HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:33 am by GIL

» reputable dog transporter
HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:50 pm by JSAN_911

» susan new look
HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:35 pm by GIL

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL

4 posters

Go down

HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL Empty HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL

Post by JSAN_911 Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:37 am

CURIOUS TO LEARN AT WHAT AGE AND WHEN AND HOW DID YOU START YOUR PUP TO DO WEIGHT PULL.

WHAT WEIGHTS DID YOU USE AND HOW GRADUALLY DID YOU INCREASE ITS WEIGHTS?
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

https://x-mod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL Empty Re: HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL

Post by GIL Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:08 pm

Yu can start imprinting them early... 3 months or so, but I wouldn't move into any heavy weight until they are at least a year old. Let their bones mature before you stress them... but you can get great conditioning for a pup by dragging lighter weights... 20-30lbs... First step is to get them use to the harness... walkin them in it with a small chain attached untill he is good in it, then attach a small weight. I like to use old iron window weights. Keep it fun for the dog, and never let him think he failed.

GIL
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL Empty Re: HOW & WHEN DID YOU STARTED YOUR DOG ON WEIGHT PULL

Post by JSAN_911 Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:09 pm

thats good advice gil
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by bkh Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:18 pm

i think a car tire is about a good amount of weight, not to heavy yet also serves as a bitting developer. great exercise for jaw
bkh
bkh
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by GIL Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:40 pm

I have a tire I use too, but for a pup I'd recommend the window weights to get started, if you can find some. They don't get caught very much and make great drag weights... with the tire I have I put an bolt in it with a circle at the end... two washers to keep it from coming out and it's great, I put the window weights inside of the tire for the big dogs.

GIL
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by JSAN_911 Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:08 pm

window weight are extinc around here lol
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:11 am

I started troy at about a year after getting him a harness. Didn't really know what i was doing. Got a cart from costco and put weight in it. Started with like 200 and worked my way up. I then started doing drag weight with a tire, then got heavy chains and a drag sled you can put wights on. i mostly use the chains now but i will add window weights when i move up in drag weight. I think the first step is getting the dog comfortable to the harness and making it fun. table rock harness has puppy harness that you can adjust that is not really for pulling but to get the dog use to the harness. some people start there dog really young but i'm a bit hesitant. I think with my next dog i will work on form and maybe really light weight and thing that make noise at about 5-6 months and start adding a little more at 9 months but nothing too big.
maddog
maddog
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JSAN_911 Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:16 am

maddog wrote:I started troy at about a year after getting him a harness. Didn't really know what i was doing. Got a cart from costco and put weight in it. Started with like 200 and worked my way up. I then started doing drag weight with a tire, then got heavy chains and a drag sled you can put wights on. i mostly use the chains now but i will add window weights when i move up in drag weight. I think the first step is getting the dog comfortable to the harness and making it fun. table rock harness has puppy harness that you can adjust that is not really for pulling but to get the dog use to the harness. some people start there dog really young but i'm a bit hesitant. I think with my next dog i will work on form and maybe really light weight and thing that make noise at about 5-6 months and start adding a little more at 9 months but nothing too big.
kool. how much does he pulls now? right now one of the biggest pullers imo is from hernandez yard. that boy can haul
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:20 am

In 2010 my dog pulled 3455 on rails and in March he pulled 3180 on wheels. Hernandez TJ is a beast!!!!! I think some of the best pullers have MGK blood in them.
maddog
maddog
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JSAN_911 Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:56 am

maddog wrote:In 2010 my dog pulled 3455 on rails and in March he pulled 3180 on wheels. Hernandez TJ is a beast!!!!! I think some of the best pullers have MGK blood in them.
yep and i think my boy gil might be working on something with him near future
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down