AMERICAN BULLDOGS MESSAGE BOARD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» didnt i tell her...i know youre reading this..
silent dog vs barking dog. EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:41 pm by SusanG

» had fun at the show this weekend...
silent dog vs barking dog. EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:48 pm by SusanG

» picture peds
silent dog vs barking dog. EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 pm by poppabill

» Vader at Discovery Green...
silent dog vs barking dog. EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 am by GIL

» hello guys all is good thanks to all
silent dog vs barking dog. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:10 am by SusanG

» Phat Girl...
silent dog vs barking dog. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:32 pm by GIL

» Hey J, you ok...
silent dog vs barking dog. EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:25 pm by SusanG

» took mojo for a walk in the city...
silent dog vs barking dog. EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 pm by GIL

» My prayers to all on this storm
silent dog vs barking dog. EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 pm by JSAN_911

» I'm proud of my boy... Ch Mojo Jojo IDWP2 IDTT
silent dog vs barking dog. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:33 am by GIL

» reputable dog transporter
silent dog vs barking dog. EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:50 pm by JSAN_911

» susan new look
silent dog vs barking dog. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:35 pm by GIL

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

silent dog vs barking dog.

5 posters

Go down

silent dog vs barking dog. Empty silent dog vs barking dog.

Post by JSAN_911 Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:58 pm

i hate a dog who loves to bark. shit pisses me off!! mason is a big bark dog. cairo is silent you wont know he is there in fact neither will the intruder.lol. i love cairo for this..sometimes or once in a while he picks up mason bad habit but I'm in control of that...

so would you prefer a barking dog or a non barking dog. barking does alert the owner that something is in the dog Presence, but do you think the dog can do the same task without the bark.
you who the bark and hold vs silent dog?
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

https://x-mod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

silent dog vs barking dog. Empty Re: silent dog vs barking dog.

Post by SusanG Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:01 pm

I have both types, but misty and kaito are the ones who have trouble with the quiet. Kaito barks at the other dogs when he sees them. But misty woooo....she barks to be let out, for water, food, and to be let in. also when she knows im cooking for them, cause when she hears the electric can opener she jump up and starts barking. She has always be like that even as a pup. So what I do now is give the quiet and stop what im doing and when she sees barking aint getting her fed she stops. Now shes a lil better, I make her go out exactly the same time everyday. I put her out for a certain amount of time and try to feed them around the same time everyday.
So for the most part they're quiet. When they're outside I dont let them bark at my next door people. But at strangers outside the yard...i encourage it.
SusanG
SusanG
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:01 am

My dog is not a barker unless someone is intruding. He does not bark every time someone is passing by only when someone is coming to the door or close to the backyard fence/ He doesn't bark at fireworks, gunshots or just because my neighbors dogs are barking. He even doesn't bark when he wants to come inside he just waits till i notice. The one time i want him to bark that he doesn't is when i'm doing bite work with the decoy. He has no problem going after the decoy but when agitating he does not bark just pulling and locked in on biting. I need to learn to teach him to bark on command
maddog
maddog
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JSAN_911 Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:03 am

maddog wrote:My dog is not a barker unless someone is intruding. He does not bark every time someone is passing by only when someone is coming to the door or close to the backyard fence/ He doesn't bark at fireworks, gunshots or just because my neighbors dogs are barking. He even doesn't bark when he wants to come inside he just waits till i notice. The one time i want him to bark that he doesn't is when i'm doing bite work with the decoy. He has no problem going after the decoy but when agitating he does not bark just pulling and locked in on biting. I need to learn to teach him to bark on command
wow some of us trying to muzzle our dogs and you want your to bark. my cairo only barks when some one ring the door bell, he goes ape shit. mason barks by just staring at his shadow.lol
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by SusanG Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:00 am

maddog wrote:My dog is not a barker unless someone is intruding. He does not bark every time someone is passing by only when someone is coming to the door or close to the backyard fence/ He doesn't bark at fireworks, gunshots or just because my neighbors dogs are barking. He even doesn't bark when he wants to come inside he just waits till i notice. The one time i want him to bark that he doesn't is when i'm doing bite work with the decoy. He has no problem going after the decoy but when agitating he does not bark just pulling and locked in on biting. I need to learn to teach him to bark on command

So does your dog go after the decoy or is he more trying to get at the sleeve or equipment?
SusanG
SusanG
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:08 am

not sure yet only been out a few times. I been out with Matt Green and Marcel Harnois, and since he is new they have not put too much pressure on him yet. I know he definitely likes the sleeve, maybe in the near future he can be evaluated to se if he would go after a decoy without one. I might do an atts test in august where a person comes running toward the dog and me in a threatening manner. in the video's i have seen it done they do not have a suit or a sleeve so this would be a good evaluation. If i make it to that i will make sure to post the reports.
maddog
maddog
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GIL Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:31 am

IMO this is or was a hunting / catch dog. Barking is great for baying... but it doesn't help with the catching much. I got my dogs from a guy name Donnie Strap's, he was a freind of my uncles and pretty much all he did was hunt. He also did some weight pulling, and CD work, but mainly hunted. One of the things I liked about his dogs where that they weren't big barkers... My dogs are like that too, they only bark if they can't get to what they are going after, more out of fustration.

GIL
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by SusanG Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:20 pm

maddog wrote:not sure yet only been out a few times. I been out with Matt Green and Marcel Harnois, and since he is new they have not put too much pressure on him yet. I know he definitely likes the sleeve, maybe in the near future he can be evaluated to se if he would go after a decoy without one. I might do an atts test in august where a person comes running toward the dog and me in a threatening manner. in the video's i have seen it done they do not have a suit or a sleeve so this would be a good evaluation. If i make it to that i will make sure to post the reports.
One of my dogs has an ATTs its a good test of temperaments. Try to find someone good so your dog dont get messed up. What state are you in?
SusanG
SusanG
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JSAN_911 Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:28 pm

SusanG wrote:
maddog wrote:not sure yet only been out a few times. I been out with Matt Green and Marcel Harnois, and since he is new they have not put too much pressure on him yet. I know he definitely likes the sleeve, maybe in the near future he can be evaluated to se if he would go after a decoy without one. I might do an atts test in august where a person comes running toward the dog and me in a threatening manner. in the video's i have seen it done they do not have a suit or a sleeve so this would be a good evaluation. If i make it to that i will make sure to post the reports.
One of my dogs has an ATTs its a good test of temperaments. Try to find someone good so your dog dont get messed up. What state are you in?
LA GRAN MANZANA!!!
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:34 pm

I'm in Northern Cali. A pit bull club is hosting one in August. I was going to do a CGC with him but i didn'ty think his obedience might have been good enough. ATTS is more about temperment than about obedience and i trust my dogs temperment. I already have had some well respected dog people speak well of my dogs temp so i'm confident he will pass.
maddog
maddog
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:47 pm

by the way SusanG I appreciate the offer to look for a good ATTS judge. Hope my last comment didn't come off smug. I just read it and thought it might come out that way....oppps my bad.
maddog
maddog
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SusanG Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:15 pm

No not at all, but you want a solid eval from a working dog trainer, get with luciano oliva jes also in northern california
SusanG
SusanG
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:29 pm

So here is the ATTS test, def was not scared of the guy, was not after him like when someone has a sleeve though. He only took on e step forward. I know of Luciano. i got some good video of him working some dog's in 09. Marcel and Amy Peterson from Norcal are also top notch and MAtt Green was the owner of V-1 INT/NAT CH Green's Dragon Bane (the same Bane in "The Working American Bulldog" book) . He has moved on to malinios but very accomplished in protection training. Norcal American Bulldog also has a lot of accomplishments with there AB's Check out there page. Also threw in a fun video.... Enjoy

[youtube]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ntgY4vZeQ5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/ntgY4vZeQ5w

https://youtu.be/WXjL2qdoMiY
maddog
maddog
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by scott-YHK Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:22 pm

My dogs are outside 24/7...they bark at shit they'd like to get after. My geese and ginueas really get them fired up. I live out in the country, so it's not really an issue for me. When they start going off at night, it's usually a deer/hog/bobcat that's in their line of sight.

scott-YHK
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JSAN_911 Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:49 pm

man i would love to go scott, but i wont talk out my hinie like lots bulldogers out there that think or assume their dog is cut out for that, not referring to no one on this forum, but i read post and its funny their dogs never been tested to prove themselves and they really assuming that the dogs could be victorious.. i myself would say i would love to see it i think its kool and intersting but im man enough to say i dont think my current dogs cut out for that...love to see those that run their mouths come clean also.
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum