AMERICAN BULLDOGS MESSAGE BOARD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» didnt i tell her...i know youre reading this..
How do you determine how much to feed? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:41 pm by SusanG

» had fun at the show this weekend...
How do you determine how much to feed? EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:48 pm by SusanG

» picture peds
How do you determine how much to feed? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 pm by poppabill

» Vader at Discovery Green...
How do you determine how much to feed? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 am by GIL

» hello guys all is good thanks to all
How do you determine how much to feed? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:10 am by SusanG

» Phat Girl...
How do you determine how much to feed? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:32 pm by GIL

» Hey J, you ok...
How do you determine how much to feed? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:25 pm by SusanG

» took mojo for a walk in the city...
How do you determine how much to feed? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 pm by GIL

» My prayers to all on this storm
How do you determine how much to feed? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 pm by JSAN_911

» I'm proud of my boy... Ch Mojo Jojo IDWP2 IDTT
How do you determine how much to feed? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:33 am by GIL

» reputable dog transporter
How do you determine how much to feed? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:50 pm by JSAN_911

» susan new look
How do you determine how much to feed? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:35 pm by GIL

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

How do you determine how much to feed?

+2
SusanG
JSAN_911
6 posters

Go down

How do you determine how much to feed? Empty How do you determine how much to feed?

Post by JSAN_911 Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:28 pm

seems these dogs if i let them they will destroy a bag of food like watching a movie with popcorn.

i notice in a lot of dogs, the prorportion of the feeding either seems to little or these suckers can eat.

how do you determine whats a good amount for your dog?
and do you believe you can feed them more, or that portion is to basically keep him full but yet in shape?
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

https://x-mod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How do you determine how much to feed? Empty Re: How do you determine how much to feed?

Post by SusanG Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:13 am

Raw food
How do you determine how much to feed? Thug11

dog food kept my dogs fat and when i tried to get them ready for shows they would lose muscle. So keeping them on raw and adjusting if I see spine more of the sides i feed.
Dog food
How do you determine how much to feed? Th10
SusanG
SusanG
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

How do you determine how much to feed? Empty Re: How do you determine how much to feed?

Post by GIL Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:23 pm

I feed mine four cups of kibble a day, plus a quarter to half a cup worth of goodies... i.e. liver and rice or can food. But I do believe dogs don't eat to get full but to get the nutrition their bodies need... so if you feed a low quality food with a bunch of fillers they will eat more of it vs a food with a better quality protien tends to fill them up with less food... also makes clean up easier... COOL

GIL
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by rahjr Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:26 am

i have a pitcher that holds 2 qaurt,s dry food and that is where i start,and i adjust it by how they look. i have a couple big male,s that eat 1 1/2 of those pittchers and i have a couple of smaller dog,s that get the same because they are so active. if a dog dont eat all they get less from then on,unless they look like they need more. i keep them a little lean but not as much in winter. i just judge how a dog look,s and if it need,s more or less.

rahjr

Back to top Go down

Post by JSAN_911 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:28 am

rahjr wrote:i have a pitcher that holds 2 qaurt,s dry food and that is where i start,and i adjust it by how they look. i have a couple big male,s that eat 1 1/2 of those pittchers and i have a couple of smaller dog,s that get the same because they are so active. if a dog dont eat all they get less from then on,unless they look like they need more. i keep them a little lean but not as much in winter. i just judge how a dog look,s and if it need,s more or less.
thanks for your feed back. ok thats good based on looks.they never seem to get full lol
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

https://x-mod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How do you determine how much to feed? Empty food for the gods...

Post by bulldozer bullies Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:51 am

rahjr wrote:i have a pitcher that holds 2 qaurt,s dry food and that is where i start,and i adjust it by how they look. i have a couple big male,s that eat 1 1/2 of those pittchers and i have a couple of smaller dog,s that get the same because they are so active. if a dog dont eat all they get less from then on,unless they look like they need more. i keep them a little lean but not as much in winter. i just judge how a dog look,s and if it need,s more or less.

I have to agree with you.. I feed them on based on how they look, my dogs are very active, plus I work them out a couple times a week on the flirt pole.... to get that lean muscle plus cardio... they play in the back yard all day.. but not a work out.. having said that.. I depends..I diff feed them more on work out days as oppose to rest day.. I have noticed that raw in addition to kebble, works well for me.. raw doesnt have all the nutrients and calories they need to I add some good kibble to give them a balance diet.I only feed raw to my pups that are 8 months old and older..feeding them to much protein as youngers can give you joint and leg problems, ie cowhalk....

bulldozer bullies
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Taskmaster Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:47 pm

GIL wrote:I feed mine four cups of kibble a day, plus a quarter to half a cup worth of goodies... i.e. liver and rice or can food. But I do believe dogs don't eat to get full but to get the nutrition their bodies need... so if you feed a low quality food with a bunch of fillers they will eat more of it vs a food with a better quality protien tends to fill them up with less food... also makes clean up easier... COOL
Amen!!!!! What he said.
Taskmaster
Taskmaster
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Taskmaster Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:35 pm

I feed according to what my eye tells me...is the dog in good flesh? With nice muscle definition? Or should the food be increased, decreased, changed etc.
Sometimes though a dog doesn't need more food just exercise. A dog who isn't receiving adquate physical exercise muscles will atrophy, resulting in diminish size and mass. People will often mistakenly feed more when thats need is some a little exercise.
Taskmaster
Taskmaster
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GIL Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:23 am

I agree with Linda too... but want to add, that too high of protien can effect developing pups, I do not recomend using a high protien puppy food with this breed. IMO a good quality adult food once the pup is 3-4 months old is best to reduce the chances of issue.

GIL
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down