AMERICAN BULLDOGS MESSAGE BOARD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» didnt i tell her...i know youre reading this..
Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:41 pm by SusanG

» had fun at the show this weekend...
Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:48 pm by SusanG

» picture peds
Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 pm by poppabill

» Vader at Discovery Green...
Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 am by GIL

» hello guys all is good thanks to all
Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:10 am by SusanG

» Phat Girl...
Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:32 pm by GIL

» Hey J, you ok...
Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:25 pm by SusanG

» took mojo for a walk in the city...
Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 pm by GIL

» My prayers to all on this storm
Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 pm by JSAN_911

» I'm proud of my boy... Ch Mojo Jojo IDWP2 IDTT
Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:33 am by GIL

» reputable dog transporter
Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:50 pm by JSAN_911

» susan new look
Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:35 pm by GIL

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair

5 posters

Go down

Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair Empty Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair

Post by JSAN_911 Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Its cosmetics!
I personally love the look. in fact makes the dog look mean and gives it a bulky look, then again ofcourse the dog need to be condition to really stand out.

do you believe its fair or unfair in the points system when it comes to showing a dog with these Cosmetic Enhancements?
would love to hear feed back on this
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

https://x-mod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair Empty Re: Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair

Post by GIL Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:50 pm

Well, I agree with the point deduction. Resaon being is that you can hide faults by docking the tail or cropping their ears. Truth is Mojo's tail is about an inch too short, so if I dock his tail you would never know. Or those crazy frenchy ears on some dogs, if you crop them you would never know. And since showing is about showing the complete dog, altering it should be frowned upon, IMO...

GIL
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair Empty Re: Do you believe point reduction in cropped tail & ears is fair

Post by Taskmaster Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:59 am

I agree with Gil regarding the point deduction. I don't need my dog to look meaner or harder in order for him to be meaner and harder. I like when someone thinks their fluffy brains. Then get their butts handed to them when they act out.
Taskmaster
Taskmaster
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bkh Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:51 am

OK. I LIKE THE FEED BACK, SO DO YOU BELIEVE IT MORE TO HIDE A DEFECT THAN A COSMETIC ENHASSEMENT.
bkh
bkh
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by GIL Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:10 pm

The issue in the show ring is you don't know why it was done. I once beat Rick Shaw in the ring, the judge said both dogs were equally impressive, but only one was unaltered. Boy was Rick pissed.

GIL
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by bkh Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:30 pm

GIL wrote:The issue in the show ring is you don't know why it was done. I once beat Rick Shaw in the ring, the judge said both dogs were equally impressive, but only one was unaltered. Boy was Rick pissed.
lmfao
bkh
bkh
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Taskmaster Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:23 pm

bkh wrote:OK. I LIKE THE FEED BACK, SO DO YOU BELIEVE IT MORE TO HIDE A DEFECT THAN A COSMETIC ENHASSEMENT.

I think it depends on what type of AB...because it is fairly common to see standard type ABs with docked tails. As the tail can get pretty beat up running through the underbrush in the woods. So you can understand the why behind it. Where as with the Bully AB the main reason for docking tails is to hide kinked or knotted tails as is commonly saw in English Bulldogs. Knowing this I always suspect a Bully with a docked tail. But in the case of Rick Shaw, his background is Rotties so the docked tails are a carry over from that to my way of thinking.
Taskmaster
Taskmaster
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bkh Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:09 pm

yeah i know a couple breeders who said thats going to be there traitmarks for the pet dogs, docked tail
bkh
bkh
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by scott-YHK Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:40 am

If an AB is born on my yard, I dock their tails at 2-3 days old. Reasons: happy tail, dog boxes, and the woods.

scott-YHK
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JSAN_911 Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:44 am

scott-YHK wrote:If an AB is born on my yard, I dock their tails at 2-3 days old. Reasons: happy tail, dog boxes, and the woods.
THANKS SCOTT FOR SHARING, I HAD JUST POSTED RECENTLY THAT LOTS BREEDERS I KNOW DO IT AS A TRADE MARK WHILE OTHERS DO IT FOR LEGIT REASON, AND OTHERS WELL LIKE SAID ABOVE TO HIDE FLAWS.
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

https://x-mod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum