AMERICAN BULLDOGS MESSAGE BOARD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» didnt i tell her...i know youre reading this..
how do you determine which pup will be your keeper EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:41 pm by SusanG

» had fun at the show this weekend...
how do you determine which pup will be your keeper EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:48 pm by SusanG

» picture peds
how do you determine which pup will be your keeper EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 pm by poppabill

» Vader at Discovery Green...
how do you determine which pup will be your keeper EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 am by GIL

» hello guys all is good thanks to all
how do you determine which pup will be your keeper EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:10 am by SusanG

» Phat Girl...
how do you determine which pup will be your keeper EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:32 pm by GIL

» Hey J, you ok...
how do you determine which pup will be your keeper EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:25 pm by SusanG

» took mojo for a walk in the city...
how do you determine which pup will be your keeper EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 pm by GIL

» My prayers to all on this storm
how do you determine which pup will be your keeper EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 pm by JSAN_911

» I'm proud of my boy... Ch Mojo Jojo IDWP2 IDTT
how do you determine which pup will be your keeper EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:33 am by GIL

» reputable dog transporter
how do you determine which pup will be your keeper EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:50 pm by JSAN_911

» susan new look
how do you determine which pup will be your keeper EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:35 pm by GIL

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

how do you determine which pup will be your keeper

3 posters

Go down

how do you determine which pup will be your keeper Empty how do you determine which pup will be your keeper

Post by JSAN_911 Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:43 pm

lets say that the whole litter basically comes out the same color just few cosmetic markings, then how or what makes you decide who the keeper will be, whats the next thing you look for?
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

https://x-mod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

how do you determine which pup will be your keeper Empty Re: how do you determine which pup will be your keeper

Post by SusanG Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Drive along with an outgoing temperament, I would pick the pups with the best drive to do bitework with. Then after that the one with the best structure.

A breeder thats really interested in starting their own line keeps a few pups back for evaluation. I have kept from my 3 breedings 6 dogs. Of the 6 I have 3 still, Jane Thug and Misty.
SusanG
SusanG
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

how do you determine which pup will be your keeper Empty Re: how do you determine which pup will be your keeper

Post by JSAN_911 Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:03 pm

SusanG wrote:Drive along with an outgoing temperament, I would pick the pups with the best drive to do bitework with. Then after that the one with the best structure.

A breeder thats really interested in starting their own line keeps a few pups back for evaluation. I have kept from my 3 breedings 6 dogs. Of the 6 I have 3 still, Jane Thug and Misty.
OK BUT LETS SAY, YOU HAVE PEOPLE WHO GAVE YOU A DEPOSIT FOR 1ST PICK MALE FEMALE SUCH, SO AT WHAT TIME FRAME DO YOU HAVE OR CHOOSE YOUR KEEPER,
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by SusanG Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Soon as the pups are weened they get their pick 6-8 weeks. If they dont pick on the 8th week they have to pay boarding/feeding one pup. People usually dont wait though, they dont want to pay more.
SusanG
SusanG
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GIL Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:13 pm

if structure is not in question, I want the most confident pup. The pup that will come investigate new people or places, the most inquizitive of the bunch. IMO that will be your most stable and trainable dog. So that is the one I want.

GIL
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by JSAN_911 Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:31 pm

Major Mojo wrote:if structure is not in question, I want the most confident pup. The pup that will come investigate new people or places, the most inquizitive of the bunch. IMO that will be your most stable and trainable dog. So that is the one I want.
kool Info thanks I wanted to see the differents methods breeders take
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down