AMERICAN BULLDOGS MESSAGE BOARD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» didnt i tell her...i know youre reading this..
What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:41 pm by SusanG

» had fun at the show this weekend...
What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:48 pm by SusanG

» picture peds
What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 pm by poppabill

» Vader at Discovery Green...
What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 am by GIL

» hello guys all is good thanks to all
What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:10 am by SusanG

» Phat Girl...
What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:32 pm by GIL

» Hey J, you ok...
What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:25 pm by SusanG

» took mojo for a walk in the city...
What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 pm by GIL

» My prayers to all on this storm
What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 pm by JSAN_911

» I'm proud of my boy... Ch Mojo Jojo IDWP2 IDTT
What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:33 am by GIL

» reputable dog transporter
What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:50 pm by JSAN_911

» susan new look
What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:35 pm by GIL

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard

5 posters

Go down

What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard Empty What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard

Post by JSAN_911 Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:39 pm

If you had the choice to help out someone who lets say their yard is just lacking on specific health concerns what could you do?

lets talk about all health issues that lies in the breed, would you still search for a specif stud or B**** to try and correct some faults, or it well not worth it because its mostly genetics?
what to your knowledge would be the best route to go?
or what is the best option available
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

https://x-mod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard Empty Re: What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard

Post by Taskmaster Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:01 pm

JSAN_911 wrote:If you had the choice to help out someone who lets say their yard is just lacking on specific health concerns could you do?

lets talk about all health issues that lies in the breed, would you still search for a specif stud or B**** to try and correct some faults, or it well not worth it because its mostly genetics?
what to your knowledge would be the best route to go?
or what is the best option available

I don't know thats a hard one because too often times others rarely share another convictions.
Here's the other thing if your trying to correct something by breeding over it the dog you use to correct it has got to come from a line thats strong or prepotent for what your trying to fix. I think the hard part is finding the line or family of dogs go to. Because sorry to say Bulldoggers don't health test and when they do aren't always honest about the results or outcome. The other thing is when one does a risky breeding you've got to be willing to cull, dirt nap, send to Jesus or whatever ya wanna call it and not pass them on to the unsuspecting public!

Would I help someone fix their program? Maybe depends on who and issue they were looking to fix.
Taskmaster
Taskmaster
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard Empty Re: What are the things you willing to do 2 fix up a yard

Post by SusanG Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:10 am

Only thing i think is that a lot of folks don't like to admit that there i anything wrong with their dogs that need to get fixed. I don't think what i have is available to fix somebody elses issues, only cause they have issues I'm trying to deal with. But if someone was interested i would. I think my dogs can contribute temperament. My dogs are people lovers so that's a plus. My dogs are healthy, they rarely go to the vet so that's a plus. They can breathe.

On the other hand you can't gaurantee anything will be fixed.
SusanG
SusanG
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JSAN_911 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 pm

well lets put it this way then if you had dogs with issues!! would you still keep them in the breeding program? or get them fixed and placed them as pets?
JSAN_911
JSAN_911
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

https://x-mod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SusanG Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:01 pm

You can use a dog as a tool, let's say hips. .you use a dog for hip conformation(stud service) and breed a biatch one time, keep pups for eval and place/retire the biatch to a pet home, and keep the best move on to the next step. Which would be to line breed the new pups to another stud in the ped that has great hips. You can do that with any fault but first is being honest with yourself and to able to have an eye for a dog and to know your own dogs. I stalk my dogs and watch them walk, run, gait. I'm not trying to be a bh breeder, I'm gonna use gutta to fix a couple things i see with my dogs and probably do a stud to start something new using her. In two or three yrs i think I'm gonna have a different group of dogs but will have the same bloodlines.
SusanG
SusanG
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GIL Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:20 pm

Have to agree with Susan... use what you have to better what you want.

GIL
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Taskmaster Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:57 pm

JSAN_911 wrote:well lets put it this way then if you had dogs with issues!! would you still keep them in the breeding program? or get them fixed and placed them as pets?
It depends on what needs fixin! Like for me weak or bad temperament is an absolute deal breaker.
So no won't try to fix it. However, if I had a dog that was known to throw well tempered dogs then yeah I would let others use him to fix THIER dogs. And I do have just such a dog or at least he's down off a dog who was known for fixing temperaments.
Taskmaster
Taskmaster
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Taskmaster Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:02 pm

GIL wrote:Have to agree with Susan... use what you have to better what you want.
Right because at least ya know whats what on your own yard. Don't to try and read between the lines or wonder if the other person was telling the truth. The flaw in this equation is you must one, know what your doing and two, stick to your guns regarding what constitutes a cull in your program and follow through.
Taskmaster
Taskmaster
Bulldog legend
Bulldog legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bkh Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Great input guys
bkh
bkh
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down